Sunday, August 26, 2012

Short Post and a Song #16: My sincerest apologies to Tina Fey.


I'm just gonna go ahead and let this photo of a display table in a local Barnes & Noble do most of the talking today:


I'm sorry, Tina Fey. I'M SO SORRY. Though the fact that your pile is smallest does give me some hope for humanity as a whole.


~*~*~*~*~


"Fantasia/Atreju's Quest" from The Neverending Story soundtrack





I was not just a little obsessed with the movie The Neverending Story as a kid. I was A LOT obsessed. I was so obsessed that I considered naming my firstborn son Bastian. I was so obsessed that I tried blending a raw egg with orange juice because Bastian's dad does it in the movie. (It was disgusting.)

It's been years since I watched the film, but I've been listening to its soundtrack a lot lately while working on Moorhouse. I was too blown away by Falcor's awesomeness the first hundred times around to realize how incredibly good this movie's soundtrack is.

3 comments:

  1. Hate the part when Atreyu's horse, Artax, drowns in the Swamp of Sadness. Used to have a cry during that bit as a kid. Need to re-watch this ASAP! Thanks for reminding me of the awesomeness. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have trouble watching that part. ARTAX!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Poor radtastic Artax! Curse you, reality that we will all die!

      Delete