Thursday, August 16, 2012

Moorhouse Conceptual Sketches

Hey there my bros and my brolinas. I hope everyone’s having an awesome Thursday. I expected to have to go into the office today but found out yesterday that it wouldn’t be necessary. I am also off to Mister Dancy’s family’s lake house tomorrow for the weekend. So I’d say it’s been a pretty good day so far.

I’ve been working a lot on Moorhouse, my current WIP, and have been having quite a bit of fun with it. So much fun, in fact, that taking time away from it to write a blog post is something that I am not particularly in the mood to do today.

To solve this problem, I’m gonna force you to look at some of my conceptual sketches for Moorhouse. I’m not going to claim any level of artistic ability, but they can give you a good idea of how I work my stories out by sketching. 

I showed you sketches like these once before. That time they were actually a prize for entering my Out-of-Context Dialogue contest early. The prize for that contest, by the way, was a sense of writerly community. Yeah, I kind of suck at giving prizes. (Sorry, Robert.)

So today you’re getting some of these sketches for free. Considering the quality of the artwork, I still feel like I’m getting some kind of deal here.

Since I will be away this weekend, there won’t be a Short Post and a Song on Sunday. But if you want to stop by and leave YouTube links to the songs you like in the comments of this post while I’m away, you totally should. I’m always on the lookout for new music and would very much appreciate suggestions.

All right, you crazy kids. Prepare your eyes for mediocrity, and I’ll see you next week!




My ability to draw scenery leaves much to be desired.












2 comments:

  1. Love it. I tried to draw out the house my char lives in... I'm supposed to be artistic but.. umm.. it left a lot to be desired, as did my map. the town was tinier than the main character's tiny house. ..very... unique haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My maps are always terrible--just like all my other drawings :)

      Delete