Sunday, August 5, 2012

Short Post and a Song #14: In case you were wondering what my voice sounds like...


My cousin, Ben, has been visiting this past week. He just got back from travelling in South America and is about to head off to graduate school. If you're in the mood to live vicariously through his awesome South American travels, you should check out his blog

In addition to all his other awesomenesses, Ben's also a very good actor. He did an imitation of me while he was staying at my apartment, and I've got to say that it is spot on. So if you've ever wondered what my voice sounds like, just click the link:


I hope you'll all read the blog in that voice from now on.


~*~*~*~*~


"Is That All There Is?" by Tony Bennett




During my vacation I also saw the play Sleep No More. I highly recommend it. It's a show that's best experienced with no outside knowledge so I will just say this: Prior to seeing the show, I enjoyed this song. 

Now I enjoy "Is That All There Is?" about twice as much, but it also creeps the FUCK out of me.

2 comments:

  1. No offense to Ben, but you do not sound like that.
    Also, the song Is That All There Is was written by Peggy Lee - the same talent who wrote and performed all the songs in Disney's Lady and the Tramp. Just a bit of useless info from your Anonymous Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me it sounds exactly the same. I think you are just biased about my voice because you are my mother and you love me.

      Delete