Sunday, June 10, 2012

Short Post and a Song #6: If you ever start feeling down...


If you ever start feeling down, just imagine a very uppercrust British man sniffing and saying this:

"Darling, is it just me, or does it smell ever so slightly like ass in here?"

It perks me right up every time.

~*~*~*~*~


"Take Me Out" by the Scissor Sisters




The Franz Ferdinand original version of this song was a constant enough soundtrack at college parties that I got a little sick of it. But the Scissor Sisters took the "Trampled Underfoot" sound-alike and turned it into this slower, bluesy, shoulder-rocking bit of awesome. I could listen to the their guitarist pick out that guitar line all day long.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard when i read the upper crust english man quote. Next time i am down in the dumps ill say that to myself and then proceed to pee my pants laughing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Uppercrust British men saying silly, slightly vulgar things could seriously eliminate the need for Prozac in this world.

      Delete