Sunday, September 30, 2012

Short Post and a Song #21: Why I'll never be a cool writer.


Me, every morning: "I'm not ready to be awake yet. I want to finish my dream where … where something COOL was happening. I think. Goddamn it, now I don’t remember what I was dreaming about.”

This is why I will never be one of those cool writers who write books based on their dreams.


~*~*~*~*~


"He Loves and She Loves" by George and Ira Gershwin




I've been a bit hooked on instrumental scores from movies these days. Songs with words can get a bit distracting while I write, and movie scores often pack more of an emotional punch for me. "He Loves and She Loves" is originally from the play Funny Face, but Woody Allen used this instrumental version on the soundtrack of the film Manhattan.

2 comments:

  1. I am exactly the same way with writing. Movie tracks can be so awesome. The book I'm working on right now is actually based on a dream--I actually woke up from it...and then went back to bed and picked up from where I left off. However, now I have a second story burning in me, and no time to work on it. Makes focusing on the first at all difficult...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping multiple projects straight is so hard. I always have at least two or three going. Music helps more than anything else to get me in the right mindset to work on a certain project.

      Delete