Sunday, September 23, 2012

Short Post and a Song #20: Just call me Jilly the Kid.


My left brown boot has been kind of broken since I received the boots in the mail; its gold buckle jangles with every step I take while the right boot remains silent. Sometimes this annoys me, and sometimes it makes me feel like I'm starring in my own personal Spaghetti Western.


~*~*~*~*~


"Resolution" by Jon Brion




I was so, so impressed by the clay animation in the movie ParaNorman and was equally affected by the film's delightful score. I've been listening to the entire soundtrack a lot while writing and have grown particularly fond of this track. I just love all the places that "Resolution" goes—the xylophones at the beginning, the stunning violins toward the middle, and the plucky bass at the end. If you haven't seen the movie, you need to remedy that problem right away. ParaNorman is funny, terrifying, heart-warming, and makes me wish it had come out when I was still a kid.

1 comment:

  1. This song alone makes me wanna see the movie. I've never heard a thing about it though, is it new? (I really don't have a life.. I never know what movies are out and such).

    ReplyDelete