Sunday, May 27, 2012

Short Post and a Song #4: Judgmental Monks


A Buddhist monk approached me at the Jay St. subway station one morning: 


Him: Would you like a pamphlet on meditation?
Me: Oh, no, thank you.
Him: Come on! (Observes the girly dress I happen to be wearing and my large, very floral bag.) It’s even better than shopping!


For your sake, Subway Monk, I hope meditation is as wondrous as you say. Maybe if you do enough of it, you’ll meditate yourself out of being a judgmental dick.


~*~*~*~*~


"Seven Devils" by Florence + the Machine




This has been a popular song to use in TV these past few months: First in this epic trailer for Season 2 of Game of Thrones, and again in last week's Revenge finale. I don't know if you kids watch Revenge, but I highly recommend it if you're a fan of tight plotting, good acting, and this guy (you probably don't know of him if you don't watch the show, but I promise you will come to love his horrible hair and his beautiful soul). 

This song is creepy, and angry, and raw, and I love it. It was used perfectly in Revenge and reminded me that being the music supervisor on a television show or movie would really be just the coolest job.

No comments:

Post a Comment