Sunday, December 10, 2017

Short Post and a Song #140: Yeah we can't order from that place anymore

So I mentioned previously that I've been doing something called "joke twitter" for a while now. In joke twitter it's common for people to put together collections of their best jokes from the previous month, then do a call inviting others to swap jokes.

I did my first monthly call for October and it was a lot of fun getting to read jokes from friends as well as a lot of very funny strangers. 

So I did another one for November:





Ayn Dand laughed when he saw the picture I used for the call.


Hoover Dan: Someone is going to take that picture of you and be like, "She slapped my baby!" And the cops are gonna be like, "Oh yeah she looks like a real... 

Me: [answers phone call from delivery person]

Dantasy Football: ...BABY-SLAPPING BITCH!"



~*~*~*~*~


"Sympathy for the Devil" by the Rolling Stones




I've been a fan of the Rolling Stones ever since I was old enough to tell people my favorite band was the Beatles, and have them respond with something along the lines of, "I prefer the Rolling Stones myself."

(I don't know when I became a Beatles fan. I have no memory of a world without their music, quite luckily for me.)

Since people kept associating the Rolling Stones with my favorite band, I figured maybe I would like them too. And I did, very very much. 

The many times throughout my life that people have asked me, "The Beatles or the Rolling Stones" I've just been like, "Why? I CAN LIKE TWO BANDS GODDAMMIT."

Anyway, "Sympathy for the Devil" is a hell of a song. The samba beat, in theory, seems like such a weird fit for this song, and yet it works perfectly. It has some of the best narrative lyrics I've ever heard and makes me think of John Milton's Satan in Paradise Lost.

And let's not forget that fucking sick guitar solo.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa I had no idea you were posting again! Great to see your sense of humor and taste in music are as on point as ever :)

    ReplyDelete