Sunday, December 3, 2017

Short Post and a Song #139: About 83% of our conversations end up involving Muppets at some point

Just a typical Saturday night chilling at home with Swedish Danf:


Danzo initially thought that either Statler or Waldorf had a monocle, but I shut that shit down real fast.


~*~*~*~*~


"Hands Down" by The Greeting Committee





Generally with music I am a song-by-song type. Many of the songs I love most are the only ones by that band that I know, and while I love Led Zeppelin dearly I have no idea which tunes belongs to which album. 

However, when I really really really like a song I'll sometimes feel inspired to check out the band's other stuff.

That is precisely what happened with me and "Hands Down" by The Greeting Committee. I was blown away to find that The Greeting Committee is comprised of mere children who are every bit as good live

I don't even hear lyrics most of the time, but some of these lyrics in this song, I mean, Jesus Christ:

"Baby, you know I love you
More than my words know how to show you" 

Aaaaand now I'm crying, and only slightly because I have been writing words my entire life and these babies are already better at it than I am.

I highly recommend their other stuff, especially "Elise" and "She's a Gun" (which has a super fun video game-inspired music video).

2 comments:

  1. My fave is the Teddy bear with the button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha from The Christmas Toy, you mean? Such a great movie

      Delete