Sunday, August 13, 2017

Short Post and a Song #126: I'm still gonna practice my wood-punching, just in case.


Watching Kill Bill Vol. 2 makes me nervous about whether or not I'll be able to punch my way out when I get buried alive.

...And then I wonder why I'm so sure I'm going to be buried alive at some point in my life.



~*~*~*~*~


"You Never Can Tell" by Chuck Berry




Like "Misirlou" and "Stuck in the Middle with You", "You Never Can Tell" has become a Tarantino song to me first, and a regular song second. It's the song Vincent Vega and Mia Wallace dance to in a contest they later win (or at least steal the trophy to make it look like they won). 

I saw Pulp Fiction at age seven and many, many more times since then, so this song and that scene in the movie are inextricably linked in my mind. 

Still, when "You Never Can Tell" recently popped up on a playlist of mine, I was finally able to notice what a great song it is without John Travolta and Uma Thurman's Twist moves distracting me. This is an amazingly fun song. And just listen to that piano! No wonder all the icons of rock and roll stole their songs from Chuck Berry.

No comments:

Post a Comment