Sunday, September 21, 2014

Short Post and a Song #85: Dear Actresses of the World,


I'm very sorry that your industry is full of executives who routinely tell women in their thirties that they have too many wrinkles. But please, please don't get plastic surgery on your face. Your face is your job--you use it to convey emotions. And that doesn't work so well when certain parts of your face don't move. 

Don't sacrifice being good at what you do for bastards who have worked in Hollywood too long to even remember what real people look like.



~*~*~*~*~


"We Intertwined" by The Hush Sound




For reasons I can't quite articulate, I've been obsessed with this song for weeks. I couldn't even tell you how many times I've listened to it. 

The thing is, objectively, I don't like this song. The lead singer's voice is a little too whiny and Fall-Out-Boyian for me. And according to CapDan Crunch, the song has too much of a "me too" sound to it, like he's heard it somewhere before.

But I still can't help but adore this song's lyrics, drums, light beat (especially the part around 2:15 when the guitar just sneaks in with a sweet little solo). 

So which is it, Velocininjas? Is this song actually decent, or after two years of writing about music has my taste devolved back to falling in love with Panic at the Disco and All-American Rejects clones? 

1 comment:

  1. Disclaimer: I'm not particularly knowledgeable about music, and I'm awful at actually listening to lyrics.
    My take: it's an upbeat and head-boppy type of song. Everybody needs a little bit of that in their lives.
    A personal fav is Kick Drum Heart by the Avett Brothers.

    ReplyDelete