Sunday, January 20, 2013

Short Post and a Song #37: I might be speaking from personal experience.


Dear any budding children's book authors out there: 

If you feel inspired to put a tentacle monster in the story you're working on, just remember how similar the words "tentacle" and "testicle" are. 

Remember and proceed with caution, my friends.


~*~*~*~*~


"Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival




You may recognize this tune from, oh, I don't know—EVERY movie involving the Vietnam War since the beginning of film and wars and time. I wish I could say this song served as a soundtrack to my rambunctious adolescent days of riding in the back of pickup trucks and dancing around bonfires. But instead my main familiarity with this song comes from my AP History class in high school. Once we took our final exam we still had a month of school left and spent it listening to 60's protest music in between vehement lectures from my teacher on why JFK assassination was the biggest sack of bullshit on this earth.

The trucks and bonfires would have been awesome, but my APH teacher was pretty cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment