Sunday, December 30, 2012

Short Post and a Song #34: Four years old and already her schtick is better than mine.


A conversation with my four-year-old niece:


Niece: (Eating Arby’s fries) These are so good! Do you ever get fries at Arby's?

Me: No, honey, I don’t really eat fast food.

Niece: Oh. I eat fast and slow food.


~*~*~*~*~


“Hey Jane” by Spiritualized




“Hey Jane” is one of my favorite songs of 2012 so it felt fitting to feature it in my last post of this year. The first time this song came up on my shuffle, I checked at three different points to see what cool new song was playing for future reference—only to realize that it was the same song the whole time. This nine-minute-long tune travels to a variety of places and all of them are glorious. The music video is very good as well. It centers on a transwoman who tries to raise her children between shifts at the strip club and turning tricks on the street. The video is raw, disturbing, and beautifully done.

Have a fantastic New Year’s, my Velocininjas, and I’ll see you in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment