Sunday, October 15, 2017

Short Post and a Song #132: No, I don't know what a love prance is any more than you do.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend, and even if you're not it's about to get much better.

Today we begin our second trip down the memory lane of books I wrote as a child with a laminated masterpiece called It Takes Four.

I fucking loved the movie It Takes Two as a kid. My youthful obsession with the Olsen twins can probably be best explained by the fact that I had two older sisters who were much closer in age to each other than they were to me, and so I desperately longed for my own partner in crime in the form of a twin.

It Takes Two is basically The Parent Trap only even less plausible, since the two identical girls in It Takes Two are miraculously supposed to not even be related. 





Ah the good old days of drawing birds as the letter "V".




They're supposed to be identical and yet one is several inches taller than the other. 

It appears that I also chose to call something in this book a "Love Prance". 

Jesus Christ, Child Self, get it together.




I love you, Mom and Dad. Here, have some creepy, misshapen hearts with Olsen faces on them.


We'll pick up with the proper story next week.


~*~*~*~*~


"Alive With The Glory of Love" by Julia Nunes




I posted about Julia Nunes a few years back and thought I'd share a favorite video of hers: her cover of one of my favorite songs (original by Say Anything). You can really see here what a fantastic performer she is and her amazing instincts with arranging harmonies.

1 comment:

  1. I'll take that heart, Olsen twin and all. This is so funny. Love you, Jill. -Mom

    ReplyDelete