Sunday, July 23, 2017

Short Post and a Song #123: Scaredly


Do you know what time it is? Do you???

Of course you do, since right now you are either using a computer, tablet, or phone, and all of those things have clocks.

But do you know that it is also Story Time? For the past few weeks I've been posting pages from Amerex: Land of the Unicorns, a book I wrote when I was eleven years old. If you wanna catch up just go back a few posts, I'll wait.

...

...

...

Have your eyeballs recovered from that blast of sheer awesomeness yet? (Or at least partly? Honestly I'm not sure they'll ever really be the same again. I'm not a scientist.) Okay, now let's get back to it!




Translation: Ralph quickly replied, "Of course, dearest. Right away." After the tea had come the four people sat in the parlor talking.

"Do you know why you're here, Jenna?" Hillary asked.

"I really have no idea, but if you don't mind my asking, why do all of you look so sad?" Jenna asked. Hillary's face darkened.

"That's what we wanted to talk to you about," Ralph said "Years ago an evil unicorn, Kindor cast a spell of sadness over Amerex. A daughter of Eve is the only thing that could break the spell."




Translation: "How would I break it?" Jenna scaredly asked.

Dolly answered, "We don't know. We just know only you can break it. Tomorrow we shall take you to Kindor's cave."

Jenna, getting more frightened by the minute asked, "What weapons shall I have?"

"None." Hillary said, "The spell can't be broken by violence. Will you try?"


I used to think I was pretty intelligent kid for my age at eleven. But that's kind of gone to hell now that I know that I believed "scaredly" was a word. But Jenna's quest has finally been introduced: Solve Amerex's depression problem by meeting an evil sadness unicorn.

Just look at that line of ladies there. They look more pissed off than sad, probably since my lack of ability to draw hands forced them into kinda confrontational poses.

Get ready for Kindor the evil sadness dragon in the next installment! Maybe Jenna will throw some Prozac at him.


~*~*~*~*~


"The Idea of Growing Old" by The Features




This is an irresistibly sweet song, and one that suits writing romantical-type scenes very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment