Sunday, April 13, 2014

Short Post and a Song #70: The Glorious Smells of Brooklyn


When I went out for my morning coffee run, I overheard a group of tween girls walking ahead of me:


Girl #1: Brooklyn definitely has a smell. It smells like pee.


Girl #2: (Sniffs) I don't smell pee.


Girl #3: (Sniffs) I think it smells like Florida.



Does this mean Brooklyn smells like Florida? Or that Florida smells like pee? The girls took off walking in a different direction after that, so I guess we'll never know.




~*~*~*~*~


"Alive with the Glory of Love" by Say Anything






This is a great song to get you in the right mood to write a mushy, love-dovey scene. You know, the kind with kissing. Those are some of my favorite scenes to write, even if it makes me feel slightly lame to admit it. I like writing scenes with swords and kicking and punching, too, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment