Sunday, February 25, 2018

Short Post and a Song #150: If I had actual children I probably wouldn't remember their names either.


ME: [accidentally bangs guitar on side of chair] Oooh sorry Gwennie.

MY BRAIN: Guinivere was your car in high school. Your guitar's name is Gretchen.

ME: Right right, sorry Gretchen.

MY BRAIN: You silly bitch, don't even know the names of your own children.



~*~*~*~*~


"Highway Tune" by Greta Van Fleet




These guys sound so much like Led Zeppelin, it's insane. Like I really wonder if Josh Kiszka made some kind of Faustian/Little Mermaid-eqsue deal so he could have Robert Plant's voice. 

"Highway Tune" doesn't sound like one exact Zep song to me (though it's definitely got shades of "Black Dog" and "Rock and Roll" in there); it's more like Greta Van Fleet has somehow managed to bottle the band's general sound.

Some folks tend to write this band off since they sound so much like another band. But Jesus Christ, sounding like one of the greatest rock bands to ever exist ain't bad in my opinion. And as I've mentioned before, originality wasn't exactly Led Zeppelin's specialty either. 

Also check the guitar around 1:48. I don't care who the hell they sound like, that guitar fucking rips.

No comments:

Post a Comment